Heat oven-fried crispy coconut hen strips over a mattress of child greens, cucumber, tomato, and shredded carrots topped with a heat honey mustard French dressing – the right mixture of salty and candy and cold and warm.
Coconut Hen Salad with Honey Mustard French dressing
I’m unsure what it’s about spring – perhaps the considered having to get into a washing swimsuit in only a few months, or maybe it’s simply the sunshine that switches my mind from wanting fewer soups and stews and extra massive entree salads. This Coconut Hen Salad has loads of protein to maintain me happy, and the heat of the hen doesn’t go away me feeling like I’m lacking one thing. It’s excellent for lunch or dinner. Extra of my favourite heat hen salads are this BBQ Chicken Salad and Grilled Romaine, Corn, and Chicken Salad with Salsa Dressing.
How you can Make Coconut Hen
Hen tenders for dinner are by no means a foul thought. Right here they’re coated in panko, crushed corn flakes and shredded coconut. Served over an enormous salad, and a heat honey mustard dressing.
- Prep: Put the egg whites in a single shallow bowl and the coconut, panko, cornflakes, and salt in one other.
- Coat: Calmly season the hen with salt, dip within the egg whites, and canopy it with the cornflake combination.
- Bake: Place the hen on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spray with olive oil, and bake for half-hour at 375 levels, turning midway.
Honey Mustard French dressing Substances
This heat honey mustard French dressing is tremendous easy to make. Moreover honey and Dijon mustard, you’ll simply want white wine vinegar and olive oil. Whisk the components collectively and warmth within the microwave.
- Protein: If you happen to don’t have hen tenders, purchase a pack of boneless, skinless hen breasts and reduce them into strips. If you happen to don’t wish to use hen, swap it for coconut shrimp or fish sticks, like cod or flounder, reduce into strips.
- Air Fryer: You may also cook dinner this chicken tenders in the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400 levels and cook dinner the strips for 5 to 6 minutes on both sides.
- Cornflakes: I believe the cornflake crumbs give the hen a pleasant, crispy texture, however for those who don’t wish to purchase an entire field for this recipe, you’ll be able to double the panko or use corn Chex or unseasoned breadcrumbs.
- Gluten-Free Coconut Hen: Use gluten-free panko and cornflakes. Not all manufacturers of cornflakes are gluten-free, so double test the bundle.
- Coconut: If you happen to don’t have sweetened coconut, unsweetened will work.
- Eggs: If you happen to’re allergic to eggs, coat the hen in Dijon or mayonnaise to get the crumbs to stay.
- Vinegar: If you happen to don’t have white wine vinegar, sub it with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
- Salad Substances: You should use any salad components that you’ve available. Use kale or arugula as the bottom, and add fruits and veggies, like avocado, mango, or bell pepper.
Extra Hen Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
Coconut Hen Salad with Heat Honey Mustard French dressing
Heat oven-fried coconut hen tenders over a mattress of child greens, cucumber, tomato, shredded carrots topped with a scorching honey mustard French dressing.
- 6 hen tenderloins, (about 12 oz)
- 6 tbsp shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs, or GF panko
- 2 tbsp corn flake crumbs, crushed
- 1/3 cup egg whites, crushed
- pinch salt
- olive oil spray
- 6 cups combined child greens
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 massive tomato, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
For the French dressing:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white vinegar, balsamic would work too
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
Whisk all French dressing components; put aside.
Preheat oven to 375F.
Mix coconut flakes, panko, cornflake crumbs and salt in a bowl.
Put egg whites or egg beaters in one other bowl.
Calmly season hen with salt. Dip the hen within the egg, then within the coconut crumb combination.
Place hen on a cookie sheet lined with parchment for simple cleanup. Calmly spray with olive oil spray and bake for 25 to half-hour turning midway, or till hen is cooked by means of.
Place 2 cups child greens on every plate. Divide carrots, cucumber, tomato evenly between every plate.
When hen is prepared slice on the diagonal and place on prime of greens.
Warmth dressing within the microwave a couple of seconds and divide equally between every salad; a bit of over 1 tbsp every.
Air Fryer Instructions: Air Fry in a single layer 400F levels 5 to six minutes on both sides.
Serving: 1salad with 2 hen tenders, Energy: 397kcal, Carbohydrates: 32.5g, Protein: 27g, Fats: 11g, Fiber: 4.5g, Sugar: 10g
WW Factors Plus: 8
Key phrases: Coconut Hen, coconut hen recipe, Coconut Hen Salad, crispy coconut hen, crispy coconut hen strips