Fall Brussels Sprout Salad
I like utilizing uncooked, shaved Brussels sprouts in salads! You should purchase them shredded, however I like to cut them myself so that they’re more energizing. For this straightforward Fall Brussels sprout salad recipe, I tossed them with candy, crisp pink apples, pecans, blue cheese, and a balsamic French dressing. If you happen to’re searching for extra Brussels sprouts salads, do this Raw Shredded Brussel Sprouts with Lemon and Oil and Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with Bacon and Avocado.
Can Brussels sprouts be eaten uncooked in a salad?
Fact is, I favor my brussels sprouts uncooked in salads vs cooked. If you happen to thinly minimize your brussels sprouts, they are often eaten uncooked in a salad similar to cabbage. Simply minimize the foundation finish off the sprout after which slice them vertically. You may also attempt prepping them in a meals processor with the shredding disc hooked up.
How far prematurely can I shred Brussels sprouts?
This fall salad is nice for meal prep. You possibly can shred your Brussels sprouts and the French dressing a day or two earlier than you serve the salad. Mix all the pieces proper earlier than serving and even a few hours early. The dressing will soften the sprouts, and the vinegar within the dressing will forestall the apples from turning brown. Leftovers will maintain for a few days within the fridge.
Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad Components
- Brussels Sprouts: You’ll want 4 cups of shaved or shredded Brussels sprouts.
- Nuts: If you happen to don’t have pecans, swap them with walnuts or almonds. If you happen to’re allergic to nuts, omit them.
- Apples: I used a Honey crisp apple, however be at liberty to make use of your favourite pink apple. You would additionally attempt making this salad with pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries.
- Cheese: Gorgonzola or blue cheese will work.
- Balsamic French dressing: Whisk the olive oil, Dijon mustard, shallots, balsamic, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
Extra Shredded Brussels Sprout Recipes You’ll Love:
Fall Brussels Sprout Salad with Apple, Pecans, and Blue Cheese
This Fall Brussels Sprout Salad with apples, pecans, and blue cheese is a superb facet salad with roasted rooster, pork or Thanksgiving turkey.
- 4 cups thinly shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese, or gorgonzola
- 1 small honey crisp apple, or any candy apple, cored and diced into matchsticks, pores and skin on
Whisk olive oil, Dijon, shallots and vinegar with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
Pour over Brussels in a big bowl and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to style.
Combine in apples and high with pecans and blue cheese.
If you happen to favor to cook dinner your Brussels sprouts, saute in a skillet with somewhat oil for about 5 minutes.
Serving: 1cup, Energy: 202kcal, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: 5g, Fats: 13.5g, Saturated Fats: 2.5g, Ldl cholesterol: 4.5mg, Sodium: 154mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 8g
Key phrases: brussels sprout salad, straightforward facet dish, fall, fall salads, uncooked brussels sprouts, shredded brussels sprouts