Grilled Corn Salad is impressed by Mexican avenue corn (elote) made with chili-lime seasoning and cotija cheese, made lighter with no mayo.
Grilled Corn Salad with Cotija
In case you want some straightforward aspect dishes to make this summer time, you’ll love this Grilled Corn Salad with Cotija. It’s impressed by elote, Mexican corn on the cob lined in mayo and topped with chili powder, lime juice, and cheese. For this Mexican avenue corn salad, I take the corn off the cob, skip the mayonnaise, and blend every little thing collectively for a light-weight summer time aspect dish. This dish is nice with air fryer salmon, grilled chicken, shrimp, fish, rice, and so on., making it the proper aspect for any summer time BBQ. In case you favor Mediterranean flavors, you may like this Grilled Corn Salad with Feta and Mint or do this Corn Salad with Avocado and Tomatoes.
Elements to make grilled corn salad:
This wholesome Mexican corn salad makes use of all of the elements of elote however with out the mayo.
- Corn on the cob – grill peeled corn immediately on the grill for a charred, smokey taste that elevates this salad. If you wish to use frozen, that will probably be high quality.
- Scallions – any onion works right here however I really like scallions on this salad. It’s also possible to use crimson onion, or chives.
- Cotija cheese – cotija is often used on elote, you can too use crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese should you favor.
- Cilantro – for freshness, though should you detest the flavour you should utilize chives on their place.
- Chili-lime seasoning – like Tajin or Dealer Joe’s The whole lot However The Elote Seasoning
- Lime wedges, for serving which get squeezed over the salad for tang and acid.
Are you able to grill corn prematurely for corn salad?
Sure, you possibly can prep your corn prematurely. You possibly can husk, grill, and take away the kernels from the cob the day earlier than making the salad.
Tips on how to Grill Corn for Salad
- To grill the corn for this salad, begin by eradicating the husks and heating your grill to medium-high.
- Then grill the corn for 10 to 12 minutes, turning the cobs so that every one sides contact the grill.
- As soon as they’re charred in spots, take away the corn from the grill to chill.
In case you don’t have a grill, you possibly can cook dinner your corn in a skillet on the range utilizing the identical technique.
Tips on how to Make Corn Salad
- After the corn has been grilled and has cooled, take away the kernels from the cob. The simplest method is to face the cob up in a big bowl and use a pointy knife to slice the kernels off.
- Add the scallions and cotija to the bowl with the corn and drizzle with olive oil.
- Stir within the Tajin, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with with extra Tajin sprinkled on prime and lime wedges, if desired. Leftovers will final within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- Cheese – Sub queso fresco or feta for cotija.
- No grill, no downside! You should utilize a grill pan should you don’t have a grill. In case you’re making this salad when corn isn’t in season, you should utilize frozen corn.
- Onions – Swap scallions or chives for crimson onion.
- Add ons: Add diced avocado, tomato, canned black beans or chopped jalapeno, for spice.
Extra Summer time Corn Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
Grilled Corn Salad with Cotija
Grilled Corn Salad is impressed by Mexican avenue corn (elote) and made with chili- lime seasoning, scallions, and cotija cheese with no mayo.
- 6 giant or 7 medium ears of corn, 6 cups
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup queso Cotija, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped contemporary cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Tajin, Chili Lime Seasoning or Dealer Joes The whole lot However the Elote seasoning, plus extra for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- lime wedges, non-obligatory for serving
Set the grill to medium-high. Husk the corn.
Grill 10 to 12 minutes, turning usually, till charred in spots. Switch to a chopping board and put aside to chill.
Minimize the kernels off the cobb. Put the corn, scallions and cotija cheese in a medium salad bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss.
Add the tajin (chili lime seasoning), cilantro and toss once more. Style for salt and pepper and alter as wanted.
Serve topped with extra chili lime seasoning and contemporary lime wedges if desired.
Serving: 3/4 cup, Energy: 117kcal, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 4g, Fats: 6.5g, Saturated Fats: 2g, Ldl cholesterol: 7.5mg, Sodium: 211mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 4g
Key phrases: BBQ Summer time Sides, elote salad, Grilled Corn Salad, mexican avenue corn salad