Affected person navigation, skilled individualized help that guides sufferers, households and caregivers by way of a posh care system, is among the solely evidence-based interventions to remove well being disparities and enhance well being fairness throughout the most cancers continuum. A brand new complement to the journal Most cancers, “A Decade Later: The State of Affected person Navigation in Most cancers Care” printed [June 14] by the Nationwide Navigation Roundtable (NNRT) consists of 13 free articles outlining the influence of affected person navigation and the essential function it performs in enhancing outcomes for most cancers sufferers.
- Collective Pursuit for Fairness in Most cancers Care: The Nationwide Navigation Roundtable
- Andrea J Dwyer, B.S. College of Colorado; Chair, NNRT, et al.
- Boundaries and Alternatives to Measuring Oncology Affected person Navigation Affect: A Nationwide Survey
- Tracy Battaglia, MD, MPH, Boston College Faculties of Medication & Public Well being; Advisor to the Chair, NNRT, et al.
- Evaluating Sustainability of Affected person Navigation Packages in Oncology by Size of Existence, Funding, and Fee Mannequin Participation
- Kathryn Garfield, JD, Heart for Well being Legislation and Coverage Innovation, Harvard Legislation Faculty, NNRT Steering Committee, et al.
- Evaluating Medical and Non-clinical Most cancers Affected person Navigators: A Nationwide Research in america
- Kristen J. Wells, PhD, MPH, San Diego State College, et al.
- Flexibility, Adaptation and Roles of Affected person Navigators in Oncology throughout COVID-19
- Patricia Valverde, Ph., MPH, Colorado Faculty of Public Well being, NNRT Steering Committee, et al.
- Utilizing Latent Class Evaluation to Develop Lessons of Affected person Navigators and Study Variations in Navigator Job Retention
- Cristian Garcia-Alcaraz, MA, San Diego State College, et al.
- The American Most cancers Society and Affected person Navigation: Previous and Future Views
- Karen E. Knudsen, MBA, PhD, American Most cancers Society, et al.
- Classes realized in Establishing a Well being Occupation: The Group Well being Employee Affiliation Perspective
- Carl H. Rush, MRP, Group Assets, LLC, et al.
- Solidifying roles, duties, and the method of navigation throughout the continuum of most cancers care: The Skilled Oncology Navigation Activity Power Perspective.
- Elizabeth Franklin, PhD., MSW, Most cancers Help Group, Most cancers Coverage Institute, NNRT Steering Committee, et al.
- Undertaking SUPPORT (Socio-legal Providers for Underserved Populations by way of Affected person Navigation to Optimize Assets throughout Therapy)
- Tracy A. Battaglia, MD MPH, Boston College Faculties of Medication & Public Well being; Advisor to the Chair, NNRT, et al.
- What Makes for Profitable Affected person Navigation Implementation in Most cancers Prevention and Screening Packages Utilizing an Analysis and Sustainability Framework
- Andrea J Dwyer, BS, College of Colorado; Chair, NNRT, et al.
- Improvement of a workflow course of mapping toolkit to tell the implementation of affected person navigation applications in breast oncology
- Nicole L Casanova, College of Washington Faculty of Public Well being, Division of Well being Methods and Inhabitants Well being, et al.
- Change Brokers within the Oncology Workforce: Let’s be Clear about Group Well being Staff and Affected person Navigators
- Electra D. Paskett, PhD, Ohio State College, NNRT Steering Committee, et al.
Information reveals the personalized care offered by way of these applications decreases hospitalizations and intensive care unit admissions; improves well timed diagnostic follow-up; and will increase scheduled appointment arrivals, adherence to advisable most cancers screening and the chance therapy is initiated inside 30 to 60 days from analysis.
Launched by the American Most cancers Society (ACS) in 2017, the Nationwide Navigation Roundtable is a coalition of over 100 member organizations and people devoted to attaining well being fairness and entry to high quality care throughout the most cancers continuum by way of efficient affected person navigation. Collectively, the roundtable disseminates finest practices and works on key points that improve the navigation area.
For greater than 30 years, the ACS has been a pacesetter in establishing affected person navigation as a profitable service supply mannequin for at-risk most cancers sufferers by way of funding of extramural analysis and different strategic investments. This consists of releasing the Report back to the Nation on Most cancers within the Poor in 1989 which established affected person navigation as a path to making sure entry to high quality care and supporting surgical oncologist Harold P. Freeman, MD, in creating the primary affected person navigation program in Harlem, New York in 1990. To help security internet and different hospitals in establishing non-clinical navigation applications, ACS launched its first Affected person Navigator Program in 2005.
Entry the free complement right here: https://acsjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/toc/10970142/2022/128/S13
Be taught extra in regards to the Nationwide Navigation Roundtable right here: https://navigationroundtable.org/
This article was initially printed on DATE, by American Most cancers Society. It’s republished with permission.