Acquired corn on the cob? Make this summer time recent summer time corn salad with tons of veggies a scrumptious Thai-inspired dressing.
Summer time Corn Salad
Residing within the Midwest, it’s inevitable that by the point August ends and September comes, we’re overflowing with corn on the cob. This recipe is a reality summer time corn salad made with a Thai-inspired dressing.
We’re utilizing grilled corn on the cob for additional juicy, flavorful corn kernels together with tons of different backyard veggies corresponding to bell pepper, cabbage, and carrots.
The dressing is a bit of bit sizzling, a bit of bit savory, and a bit of bit candy all due to Thai inexperienced curry paste, pink chili paste, and honey.
- Grilled corn on the cob: Is there something higher than freshly grilled, in-season corn on the cob?! I feel not. Different choices embrace canned and frozen, however belief us, they aren’t as tasty.
- Carrot: carrot provides shade and a little bit of sweetness.
- Crimson onion: any type of onion works together with yellow and inexperienced.
- Crimson pepper: we used pink bell pepper, however any shade works.
- Cabbage: we love the addition of cabbage as a result of it provides shade and crunch.
- Cilantro: recent cilantro might be swapped for parsley.
- Cotija cheese: we love how salty cotija cheese is. Should you can’t discover it, strive utilizing feta cheese as an alternative.
The dressing is actually what makes this summer time corn salad! It’s Thai-inspired and so yummy. Right here’s what you want:
- Inexperienced curry paste
- Crimson chili paste
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
Tips on how to Make
Learn to make corn on the cob on the grill – 2 alternative ways – one within the husk and one shucked! You solely want candy corn, butter, salt, and pepper.
Full you late summer time meal by serving your summer time corn salad recipe with any of the next mains.
Retailer leftover corn salad in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days.
- 4 ears corn on the cob shucked
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup finely minced pink onion
- 1 medium pink pepper minced
- 1 cup purple cabbage sliced
- 1/4 cup recent cilantro minced
- 2 tablespoons cotija cheese
Preheat grill or oven to 400ºF and spray or wipe corn with olive oil.
Place corn on the grill for 20-25 minutes, turning them each 5 minutes.
Whereas corn is on the grill place all components for the dressing right into a bowl and whisk till mixed. Place dressing within the fridge for later.
Subsequent, spiralize the carrots by setting the Inspiralizer to Blade C. Reduce off every finish of the carrot so that you’ve a flat floor. Place your carrot into the spiralizer and spiralize into skinny noodles and place in a big mixing bowl. You may also thinly slice your carrots into bite-sized matchsticks.
Take away corn from warmth when corn has began to brown. Let cool after which lower corn off the cob with a pointy knife and add it to the big mixing bowl with the carrots.
Lastly, add pink pepper, onion, cabbage, cilantro, cotija, and dressing to the blending bowl. Stir till nicely mixed. Place within the fridge for half-hour and luxuriate in.
Ideas & Notes
- Storage: retailer in an air-tight container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Energy: 151kcal Carbohydrates: 22g Protein: 4g Fats: 7g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 8g