This refreshing watermelon salad recipe is made with feta cheese, sliced cucumbers, recent basil, mint, and some pine nuts for a chew.
Juicy Watermelon Salad
Is there a greater summer season salad than watermelon feta salad? I believe not. The style of this salad is so refreshing with the mixture of candy, savory, and crunchy.
I’m envisioning a giant facet of this served at a bbq or picnic and everybody going again for seconds as a result of it’s simply that good.
Why you’ll adore it!
- Straightforward to organize
What’s in watermelon salad?
This basic watermelon salad is made with recent elements. Right here’s what you want:
- seedless watermelon – ensure to make use of a recent, juicy watermelon. Then, slice it into bite-sized cubes.
- cucumbers: cucumbers add a veggie and crunch.
- purple onion – somewhat little bit of purple onion goes a good distance!
- recent herbs: no matter you do, don’t forget the recent basil go away and recent mint leaves!
- feta cheese: feta cheese provides a pleasant saltiness to this recipe, plus an honest quantity of protein!
- pine nuts: toasted pine nuts for somewhat crunch.
Easy French dressing
Each salad deserves a dressing! Right here’s what you want for our easy French dressing:
- purple wine vinegar
- lemon juice
- additional virgin olive oil
- salt and black epper
The most typical elements in watermelon salad are diced watermelon, feta cheese and mint.
Ingredeints that go properly with watermelon embrace recent herbs, onion, and feata cheese.
Cheese and watermelon is a superb mixture. The most typical combo is watermelon and feta cheese.
Add one other fruit: add in one other fruit comparable to blueberries, peaches, or apples.
Add one other veggie: add one other veggie comparable to diced tomato or avocado chunks.
Swap lemon for lime: as a substitute of utilizing lemon juice, attempt utilizing lime juice!
Add a inexperienced: including one thing like arugula would take this up a notch!
Newest Summer time Salads
Full your summer season BBQ with any of the next!
- 1 small seedless watermelon lower into 1-inch cubes (roughly 4 cups)
- 2 cups thinly sliced English cucumbers ~3 english cucumbers
- ¼ small purple onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons purple wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt separated
- 1 cup recent basil roughly chopped
- 1 cup recent mint roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup feta crumbles
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated pepper
- ¼ cup uncooked pine nuts
Add the watermelon cubes, cucumbers, and purple onion to a big salad bowl and gently toss the elements collectively.
In a separate small bowl, add the purple wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, and ⅛ teaspoon of salt and whisk the elements collectively. Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon, cucumbers, and purple onion. Toss once more.
Add the basil, mint, and feta crumbles to the salad and season with the remaining salt and freshly floor pepper. Put aside.
Warmth a small skillet over medium warmth and add the pine nuts to the skillet. Toast the pine nuts for 3-4 minutes till golden brown, being positive to toss them whereas they toast.
Sprinkle the pine nuts over the salad and serve instantly.
Suggestions & Notes
- This salad was made with a small, seedless watermelon. You should purchase a bigger watermelon and use half of it as properly.
Energy: 191kcal Carbohydrates: 24g Protein: 6g Fats: 10g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 14g
Pictures: images taken on this publish are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.